WILLIAM G. WILSON
WILLIAM G. WILSON, county commissioner of Miami County and a substantial retired farmer residing at Troy, was born in Concord Township, Miami County, Ohio, in 1862, and is a son of the late John Wilson, who died in May, 1907, and a grandson of Robert Wilson. The latter came to Ohio from England and was a pioneer settler in Miami County, but died in advanced age in Shelby County.
William G. Wilson was reared and educated in Concord Township and for many years carried on extensive farming and stock raising in that section. In November, 1908, he moved to Troy. He has been a very active member of the Republican party for a long period, on many occasions proving his fealty and frequently gaining recognition in local circles. He is a member of the important party organization known as the County Central Committee, has served on the School Board in Concord Township, and in November, 1905, was first elected a county commissioner, approval being shown of his services by re-election to the office in November, 1908.
On March 3,1883, Mr. Wilson was married to Miss Emeline Kerr, who was born and reared in Concord Township and is a daughter of William and Rachel Kerr. Mr. and Mrs. Wilson have one daughter, Verila Oletha, who is a popular and successful teacher in the public schools of the county. Miss Wilson made a brilliant school record for herself, graduating from the Concord Township school when but thirteen years of age and subsequently from the Troy High School. Mr. Wilson is identified with the Knights of Pythias at Troy.
Return to the Biography Index
Copyright © 1998 by Computerized Heritage