HARRY IRVIN MORROW
HARRY IRVIN MORROW, a prominent farmer of Washington Township, who, with his two sisters, owns the old Milton Morrow farm of 200 acres, which lies along the Washington Turnpike, about two and one- half miles southwest of Piqua, was born and reared on this fine property. His parents were Milton and Clarissa (Irvin) Morrow.
The father of Mr. Morrow was also a native of Miami County, Ohio, and was born in Washington Township, on the farm which adjoins the one under consideration, on the south. During the whole of a long and exemplary life he resided in this township, where he died in 1889. He was numbered with the most highly respected citizens and successful farmers. His father, Richard Morrow, had come to Washington Township, from Pennsylvania, among the earliest settlers. Milton married Clarissa Irvin, who was born and reared about seven miles distant from Dayton. She was a widow at the time with one son, A. W. Prugh, who is a resident of Piqua. To Milton Morrow and his wife were born three children: Emma, who married William Elliott, and resides at Piqua; and Luella and Harry Irvin. The mother of these children died in 1898.
Harry Irvin Morrow was trained in agricultural pursuits from his youth up, and is considered one of the township's most capable farmers. The family home is a commodious brick residence, which was built in 1876 and was then probably the finest country home in the township. Mr. Morrow is unmarried.
Return to the Biography Index
Copyright © 1998 by Computerized Heritage