WILLIAM H. FOSTER
WILLIAM H. FOSTER, president of the Board of Infirmary Directors of Miami County, is one of the representative and substantial farmers of Staunton Township, residing on his estate, which is situated near Troy. He was born at Brant, Miami County, Ohio, in March, 1855, and is a son of the late John H. Foster, who came from Pennsylvania to Miami County in 1853.
William H. Foster was reared on his father's farm and farming has been his main occupation through life. In 1862 he settled in Staunton Township and has been identified with the interests of that section ever since. He has been a member of the township School Board for many years, and in November, 1907, was elected township assessor. For six years he has been an active and useful member of the, Miami County Agricultural Society, and in November, 1906, be was first elected a member of the Board of Infirmary Directors and two years later was re-elected. On October 17, 1878, Mr. Foster was married to Miss Medora A. Secrest, who was born and reared in Staunton Township and is a daughter of John Secrest, an old resident of the county. Mr. and Mrs. Foster are members of the Methodist Episcopal Church at Troy. He is a prominent member of the order of Odd Fellows, at Troy, being past noble grand, past chief patriarch in the lodge and a past officer in the Uniform Rank degree.
Return to the Biography Index
Copyright © 1998 by Computerized Heritage