OGDEN EDWARDS, of the firm of Edwards Brothers, dealers in grain, seed, flour and feed, at No. 301 East Main Street, Troy, has been identified with Troy interests since 1890 and is numbered with the representative citizens. He was born in 1860, at Youngstown, Ohio, where he was educated.
Prior to coming to Troy, Mr. Edwards was engaged in farming and stock raising in Mahoning County. In partnership with his brother, Allen Edwards, he established the grain firm of Edwards Brothers, at Troy, in 1890, and in the spring of 1891 started making flour. In the spring of 1893 they purchased their present location. They own an onion farm at McGuffy, Ohio, where, in 1908, they raised 100,000 bushels of onions, in addition to potatoes, corn and other vegetables. The firm does a large and constantly increasing business. Mr. Edwards owns stock in a number of other successful enterprises.
In 1893 Mr. Edwards was married to Miss Kate King, of Warren, Ohio, and they have three sons: Jonathan, O. E., King and Frederick A. Mr. Edwards takes a hearty interest in all that pertains to the general welfare of the city, but he has never sought political honors. He is a member of the Presbyterian Church, and he belongs to the Troy Club.
Return to the Biography Index
Copyright © 1998 by Computerized Heritage