Stillwater Valley News
January 11, 1935
Dies Thursday In Greenville
Second Member Of Poisoned Family Dies in Hospital Thursday Evening - Sister In Critical Condition
The second member of the Beckner family, victims of poisoning from eating pork, died last evening in the Greenville Hospital and a third member is not expected to live. Clara, aged nine, died last night about nine o'clock. She was in third grade in school. Her mother died of the same disease about two weeks ago. A sister Goldie, aged 7 is in the Greenville Hospital and is not expected to live since her body is beginning to swell as did the mother and sister before death. The disease a strange malady caused by eating of fresh pork has puzzled physicians as a wide interest has been manifested in the cases. Another sister, Fannie, aged 11, and a brother John, aged 8, who were also stricken are improving in the home. The body of Clara was removed from the Greenville hospital last evening and taken to Miller Bros. Funeral Home in Gettysburg, and will be taken to the home near Bradford tomorrow. Funeral services will be held Sunday afternoon at the Millers Grove Church near Pitsburg. She leaves her father Emery Beckner, two sisters, Goldie and Fannie and one brother, John.
Return to the Obituary Index Page
Return to Main Page
Copyright © 2002 by
Computerized Heritage Association.
All Rights Reserved.